Wednesday 31 July 2013

June & July Race Update

Hey everyone, it's been a while since I've posted a blog, so here is a recap of my June to July adventures!

June was a really good month of racing for me. I did a Provincial and had good form and was actually leading the race, but I had withdrawn because of a sliced tire and no spare wheels. Oh well, I guess it was a blessing in disguise to have a mechanical or a mistake happen in a race that isn't that important rather than a big race. Another Marathon came around for the MTN National Series, it was #6 Rooiburg. It wasn't too hilly of a course, but there was lots of sand and rocks, which made it a lot more difficult to keep my speed up. I held onto 4th place overall and 1st U23. This meant I had a greater chance of holding onto the U23 Series Leaders Jersey for the Marathon! There would only be two more marathons on the Calendar and if I win the next one, I will have the jersey in the bag!


July, my focus was all about securing the Leaders Jersey of the MTN National Series at the end of the month. Then the XCO National in Mankele came around, and I actually pulled off a great result and finished 2nd only 45 seconds behind, Olympian, Candice Neethling. Not bad for a roadie!



After Mankele, the next weekend was SA National MTB XCO Championships. I wasn't allowed to race, so I just went along to help out where I could for my teammates. I ended up feeding only Brendon in the feed zone on race day, but cheered on Travis and Patrick as well. Brendon unfortunately had to withdraw due to dislocating his shoulder. Travis and Patty finished 6th and 8th respectively. They all raced really hard and that's the most important thing.

Hilton DirtFest, the race I needed to win to secure my overall U23 lead and the jersey. It took 72 kms and just over 3hrs and a half to take the win! I cramped for the last hour of my race, but it was worth it! I'm so happy to have taken the U23 leaders jersey for the MTN National Series!





Big thanks to team Jeep and all their support, Felt Bicycles for giving me a great bicycle that I enjoy every minute on, and the MTN Series for putting on so many awesome races this year! You guys are awesome!

Next up is the Eston Marathon!

Thanks for reading!

KR


No comments:

Post a Comment